Saint of the Day

Saturday 2 September 2017

First Saturday Devotion



Let's all remember that today is the first Saturday devotion, dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, as revealed to Sis. Lucia Dos Santos (The Apparition of Pontevedra; Thursday, December 10, 1925). "See, my daughter, My Heart surrounded by thorns which ungrateful men pierce at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me and say to all those who..."

Practices of the First Saturday Devotion:  
The general intention is reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary which should be declared before commencement of the devotion;
1. Go to confession.
2. Attend Mass and receive Holy Communion.
3. Prayer at least 5 decades of the Holy Rosary.
4. Spend at least 15 (fifteen), now 20 (twenty) minutes while meditating on the 15 (fifteen) or 20 (twenty) mysteries of the Holy Rosary.

"I promise to assist them at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for the salvation of their souls."

Remember, during the third apparition of Our Lady at Fatima on Friday, July 13 1917, Our Lady said to the three Seers "You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say is done many souls will be saved and there will be a period of peace...In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph...When you pray the Rosary, say after each decade: O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of your mercy!"

This Devotion is even more important today as we celebrate the centenary of the Apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima this year. I've done my bit in spreading this devotion, will you do yours ???

No comments:

Post a Comment